birding-aus

Cape York

To: <>
Subject: Cape York
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 98 08:46:19 +1000
     Hello everyone

     I don't think this sort of skiting should be allowed on birding-aus.
     It is particularly hurtful as Canberra moves into winter.

     I suggest Ian could look  for Jabiru by wading in the more
     inaccessible regions of the Jardine Swamps.

     More positively, a trip to Booby Island should be of interest.  It was
     a long time too since I looked, but there used to be lots of big mud
     crabs on the mudflats around Wednesday Island.

     Cheers

     Paul Fennell
     Canberra

Author:  <>  at AARNET
Date:    22/4/98 9:59 PM

Dear All

I am seeking info on Cape York, I shall be working at
Lotus Bird Lodge for six months starting mid May.
We hope to be able to explore a large part of the Cape
in our work and free time so any info on sites, trip
reports and species lists would be much appreciated.

Please send info direct to me.

Thanks in anticipation.

Ian Clayton
Townsville