The response so far has been excellent, and very good-natured -
thankyou! You still have a chance to be included in this little survey,
and help me (and others) understand what motivates the allegiance to
various guides. I've received over 50 responses so far (over the magic
10% sampling margin for this mailing list). Apologies to those who've
already responded (or decided not to).
I'm curious as to which people choose which field guide as their
favoured one, and have some "tin pot" theories as to what some of the
factors might be. If you can be bothered, indulge me by answering the
questions below in my 'quick & dirty' survey of Birding-Aus members.
Forward your answers back to me **NOT TO
THE LIST**, and I'll compile, analyse & report on them in due course.
Entries close on Sunday night, 19/4/1998.
1. Where do you live (Country, state, city)?
2. How many years have you been birding?
3. What gender & age bracket do you fit into? [M/F] [<20] [20-40]
4. What is your favourite birding field guide for use throughout
Australia? [Cayley] [Pizzey & Doyle] [Pizzey & Knight]
[Simpson & Day] [Slater, 2 volumes] [Slater, Slater & Slater, 1
volume] [other ... specify]
5. The reason(s) for your choice in Q4 (in 75 words or less!).
6. How many species of Australian birds have you seen (recorded on your
life list, if you have one)?
Thanks for your interest.
58 Holden Street, Fitzroy North 3068 Victoria, AUSTRALIA
Phone AH (03) 9486 4575
Ph Mob (0419) 588 993