birding-aus

RFI: Field guide survey; additional question

To: "'ozbird'" <>
Subject: RFI: Field guide survey; additional question
From: "Conole, Lawrie" <>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 12:38:51 +1000
Sorry for this, an extra question I forgot to include - see question 6.

I'm curious as to which people choose which field guide as their
favoured one, and have some "tin pot" theories as to what some of the
factors might be.  If you can be bothered, indulge me by answering the
questions below in my 'quick & dirty' survey of Birding-Aus members.

Forward your answers back to me at <> **NOT TO THE
LIST**, and I'll compile, analyse & report on them in due course.
Entries close on Sunday 19/4/1998.

1.  Where do you live (Country, state, city)?
2.  How many years have you been birding?
3.  What gender & age bracket do you fit into?  [M/F]   [<20]   [20-40]
[40-60] [>60]
4.  What is your favourite birding field guide for use throughout
Australia? [Cayley]     [Pizzey & Doyle]        [Pizzey & Knight]
[Simpson & Day] [Slater, 2 volumes]     [Slater, Slater & Slater, 1
volume] [other ... specify]
5.  The reason(s) for your choice in Q4 (in 75 words or less!).
6.  How many species of Australian birds have you seen (recorded on your
life list, if you have one)?

Thanks for your interest.

Lawrie Conole
58 Holden Street, Fitzroy North 3068 Victoria, AUSTRALIA
Phone AH (03) 9486 4575
Ph Mob (0419) 588 993
Email <>