birding-aus

Raptor records

Subject: Raptor records
From: Graham and Gill Harrington <>
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 1998 10:37:39 +1000
The Atherton Tablelands is extremely rich in raptors in winter and spring.
During the 37 km on my way to work I frequently see six species and I have
seen nine.
Black-shouldered Kite
Black Kite
Whistling Kite
Hobby
Brown Goshawk
Wedge-tailed Eagle
Kestrel
Brown falcon
Spotted Harrier

And talking of Grey Falcons, I saw one last September gliding over
rainforest - which goes to show you can see anything anywhere.  Of course
some of my best friends don't believe me!  But they are unmistakeable