birding-aus

Re: Werribee Tides

To: "Pat O'Malley" <>
Subject: Re: Werribee Tides
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1998 14:31:38 +1000
Additional Header Information:
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 1998 09:12:02 +1000
From: "Pat O'Malley" <>
Subject: Werribee Tides

---------------------------------

     The Victorian Channels Authority puts out a booklet of tide tables
     annually - available from Information Victoria in Collins Street for
     $7.50, and probably also from VCA direct.  You can derive tide times
     at Pt Wilson from the Geelong tables - Pt Wilson is 30 minutes ahead
     of Geelong - and for Werribbee River entrance from Melbourne
     (Williamstown - Werribee River is 24 minutes later.  I don't know
     whether the tides have read the book and always ebb and flow correct
     to the minute, but it's probably the best available guide.

     Jack