birding-aus

Werribee Tides

Subject: Werribee Tides
From: "Pat O'Malley" <>
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 1998 09:12:02 +1000
Dear all,

Recent reports on birds at Werribee SF have whetted my appetite for the
heady atmnosphere of that great spot. But I've never been able to get the
tides exactly right. Sometimes this is just because the wind from the wrong
quarter means that the rivers back up and effectively there is no low tide.
But mostly I find it very difficult to work out when the tides are - there
seems to be a variable relationship with those at Port Pillip Heads for
example. I know other birders have had the same problem. Can anyone
enlighten us please?

Pat

(PS I have glued the crakes and rails page back into my Slater just in case).
Pat O'Malley
School of Law and Legal Studies
La Trobe University
Melbourne