birding-aus

Raptor Counts.

Subject: Raptor Counts.
From: Tony Russell <>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 12:15:31 +0930
Hi all, have you noticed how these " raptor freaks" never mention a Red Goshawk?

Just imagine how the local economy would boom if one of them reported one in
their area. It would be as big a rush as the Blue Rock-Thrush saga.I'd even
give up the SAOA Easter campout (next to Gluepot) which is expected to yield
Gilbert's and Red-Lored Whistlers, White-browed Treecreepers, and,
HOPEFULLY, (listening carefully?), Scarlet-chested Parrot ( Neophema
splendida for the nerds)., if one of you could make a sudden fly-drive a
guaranteed sighting.By guaranteed I mean that if the Goshawk isn't seen, you
pay the airfare.
In my dreams. Tony the MP.
Tony Russell
Ph: 08 82078470W