birding-aus

Re: Peregrine takes wader

Subject: Re: Peregrine takes wader
From: (chris dahlberg)
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 1998 11:32:44 +1000 (EST)
>To: Jill Dening <>
>From:  (chris dahlberg)
>Subject: Re: Peregrine takes wader
>Bcc:
>Hi Jill
>        This coming time of the year, at Daintree we get to see Peregrines
more than at any other time. I wonder if they follow the migrating birds?
Dollarbirds are moving through at present along with Sacred Kingfishers,
Rainbow bee-eaters etc etc. I also expect a Swamp Harrier soon, that seems
to arrive about the time of the bulk of Cattle Egrets arrive after breeding.
There is a male Peregrine here at present feeding on Metallic Starlings.
>        Other things of interest is the successful fledging of a
Great-billed Heron chick and a Papuan Frogmouth brooding a chick (I am
reasonably sure this is a double clutch as the same pair? had a fledgling
before we went on holidays) nevertheless it is a very late nest.