birding-aus

Easter trip.

Subject: Easter trip.
From: stuart dashper <>
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 1998 13:04:14 +1000
Hi All,

Thought I'd use this wonderful forum to request information for a trip that
some of us birding-aussies (Susan Myers, myself, Scott and Cecilia Chandry)
will be taking over Easter.
The plan is to visit the mallee region of northern Victoria followed by a
very quick trip round the South Western corner of NSW (up to Broken Hill).
I'm particularly interested in the following beasties:- Halls Babbler,
Ground Cuckoo-shrike, Striped and Black Honeyeaters, Chirruping Wedgebill,
Grey Falcon (we live in hope), Freckled Duck and I suppose I'd better
include the Grey-fronted Honeyeater (looks almost as exciting as a Fuscous
HE).
Any info on these and other dry country birds and current conditions in
this area would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Stuart
Dr Stuart Dashper