birding-aus

Re: RFI Varied Sittella race albata or Pied Sittella

To: "Jon Wren" <>, "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: Re: RFI Varied Sittella race albata or Pied Sittella
From: "Ian Clayton" <>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 20:39:23 +1000
John,

Varied Sittella are just as hard to find around Townsville.   I Have only
had one siting in ten years and that was this year, on the 5th January
a group of 6 birds in the area at the back of Ross Dam, Kelso.

I have had more luck with Varied in the Eucalyptus Grandis forest 7 klm
to the west of  Paluma, this is one top birding location put it on your list
of  places to visit.

Ian Clayton
Townsville
North Qld.