birding-aus

Re: New field guide.

Subject: Re: New field guide.
From: (David Torr)
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 13:12:54 +1000
     Interesting approach - though I have seen purple crowned lorrikeets at
     Tullamarine!

     But surely Pat you do not go far enough - there must be great scope
     for rationalising all those small brown birds that hide in the scrub -
     and those hard to tell apart raptors that soar just out of range.

     I think we could get it way below 362 if we tried.

     On the other hand if we want to add to our "tick list" maybe we should
     start creating mew species - such as all the different colour
     variations of feral pigeons - they MUST be separate species???