birding-aus

Re: Spotted Pardalote

To: June Richards <>
Subject: Re: Spotted Pardalote
From: michael norris <>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 15:09:37 +1100
Alan Richards wrote:

> Last Friday (20/2) I found a dead spotted pardalote on my up-stairs deck...in
> Camberwell, Victoria.

I mentioned in another posting that spotted pardalotes (SPs) seem
exceptionally common and widespread this year in my local patch -
Bayside, South-east Melbourne.

I store records (my own and those of other birders) both by specific
locations in the City and in terms of 18 broad areas averaging about
200ha. Today I saw SPs in two of these areas where I had no previous
record. Together with a "first" in one other area this now leaves only
one of the areas without a SP record.

Numbers have also been high, e.g. c10 on two gums in a residential
street.

Michael Norris