birding-aus

Re: BIRDLINE NSW - update 2 February 1998

To: Chris Gladwin <>
Subject: Re: BIRDLINE NSW - update 2 February 1998
From: moris <>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 1998 14:50:16 +1100
Chris Gladwin wrote:

>      Highlights in New South Wales over the last week are as follows:
>
>      GREAT CRESTED GREBE        20 Wallis Lake, Lithgow 23/1
>      GREY GOSHAWK       1 Old Toongabbie, Sydney 27/1 and 1 found injured
>                         Shelly Beach GC, Central Coast 6/1
>      BUFF-BANDED RAIL   1 + 4 chicks Long Jetty, Central Coast 16/1
>      BLACK-NECKED STORK 1 Pacific Hwy, Raymond Terrace 26/1
>      ARCTIC SKUA        12 Maroubra, Sydney 27/1
>      GLOSSY BLACK COCKATOO      4 Murrumbung Hsd. Mardi, Central Coast 11/1
>      WHITE-RUMPED SWIFTLET 1 briefly Dunbar Park, Avalon (Sydney) 26/1
>      NOISY PITTA        1 Comboyne Plateaue, Taree 24/1
>      BEAUTIFUL FIRETAIL 4 Wattamolla, Royal Nat. Park 31/1
>
>      As always, all records on BIRDLINE are subject to verification by the
>      Records Committees.
>
>      Chris Gladwin
>      Sydney, Australia
>

>      BIRDLINE NSW (02) 9290 1778 - sponsored by Birds Australia, NSW Field
>      Ornithologists Club and Cumberland Bird Observers Club
>
>      Please reply direct as a I am unable to see "Birding-Aus"

Hi there Chris
Highlights for Central Coast this last week were:

Pacific Baza 2A+ 2 flying young being fed by adults  Murrumbung HSD,
Mardi seen by John & Carol Carpenter on 1/2/98

Black Kite       Good views of adult bird seen 5 km north of Molongo

Gorge, just outside the ACT on 5/2/98 by Alan Morris

Alan Morris