birding-aus

Birdnames in various languages

To: "" <>, "" <>, "" <>, SABirdNet List <>
Subject: Birdnames in various languages
From: Tom Tarrant <>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 06:45:48 +1000
G'day,
Recently I came across a thread searching for bird-names in various
languages, this morning I found a Belgian  WWW application which allows
you to search through a database of European(1) bird names for the
translation in nine languages: Latin (the scientific name of the
species), Dutch, English, French,
German, Italian, Spanish, Swedish and Russian. The database currently
holds 804 records (species and
sub-species). It can be accessed at
http://www.camme.ac.be/~cammess/birds/
Tom Tarrant, Lot 4, Dayboro Rd, Rush Creek, Dayboro, Queensland 4521,
Australia (http://ats.com.au/~aviceda/)