birding-aus

Blue-breasted Finches

Subject: Blue-breasted Finches
From: Anne & Roger Green <>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 1997 14:14:49 -0800
Looking out of my window thismorning I was EXCITED to see a number of a
new bird -6 Finches with mid-blue breasts, sitting on the rim of our
swimming pool, where the Zebra Finches often perch. I was about to rush
for my field guide (Simpson & Day, in case anyone cares!) when I
realised thet the intense blue colouration was a reflection of the pool
lining on the pale breast feathers of the Zebbies. Oh well, better luck
next time! By the way, why does no-one mention how much the faces of
juvenile Zebbies look like Southern Whiteface?
Regards, Anne
--

http://www.riverland.net.au/~atriplex
Atriplex Services:- Environmental Consultants, Educators, Bush Guides,