birding-aus

[no subject]

From: Julian Bielewicz <>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 1997 22:41:33 +1100 (EST)
Hugo:

Re. your reminder about the New Year's Day Count organised for the past 15
years the Wildlife Preservation Society of Australia.  The last few times a
small group of us here on Redcliffe Peninsula were able to function at the
time prescribed (between 7 and 8 am on New Year's Day) we found it already
TOO HOT to bird.  More importantly (perhaps) most self-respecting suburban
birds in our immediate area were well ensconced in shadier spots.

The New Year's Day birding in sub-tropical and tropical Queensland was/is
much better an hour earlier.

I did write to WPSA at the time but the mail must have been lost amongst all
the late Christmas posts.

Julian