birding-aus

White-browed Robin

Subject: White-browed Robin
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 15:29:25 +0800

I just saw a White-browed Robin near my office at the Argyle Diamond Mine
in the east Kimberley of WA.  I located it from its beautiful piping call,
and it came within about 1 metre of me.  It is the buff-sided race
(cerviniventris) that occurs in the north Kimberley and the NT.  The
illustration in Simpson & Day does not do it justice.

This species was unexpected at Argyle, certainly in this habitat.

This is the first record at Argyle and probably an extension of its range
in WA.  There are several sites in Kununurra (about 150km away) where it
can be found, and it can be found at the Kingston Rest Station about 100km
away

Frank