birding-aus

Incidental weekend birds ...

To: "'ozbird'" <>
Subject: Incidental weekend birds ...
From: "Conole, Lawrie" <>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 1997 11:48:14 +1000
On the weekend I made my rockclimbing debut at Mount Arapiles (Wimmera
region, north of the Grampians, Victoria) with my partner and some of
her climbing friends - none of them birders!  They were all quite
interested in the Kestrels, Peregrines and Yellow-tailed Black-Cockatoos
soaring around the rock faces, but less so in the numerous Spiny-cheeked
Honeyeaters & sundry "little brown jobs" etc. in the scrub below.  One
record of interest for this region was a Bush Stone-curlew that I heard
near the camping area just after the moon set, at about 1:00 or 2:00AM
on Saturday morning.

Lawrie Conole
Geelong, Victoria, Australia