birding-aus

RFI: Cisticola nests

Subject: RFI: Cisticola nests
From: Ian Temby <>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 13:10:18 -0816 (UTC)
Dear Birding-ausers

I have for some time been trying to locate cisticola nests
being built, for the BBC, which is keen to film nest
construction.  I can find completed nests, but, because of the
secretive nature of females of this species, have not been able
to find nests before completion.

 If any readers happen to find a cisticola nest in construction
(I may already be too late this season), could you please let
me know ASAP.  I am particularly interested in nests in
southern Victoria, but the Sydney area would also be suitable.

Since nest building is only likely to take a few days, I will
give my home phone number to enable rapid contact, if anybody
is able to assist.

Home Number 03 9846 1173.

Many thanks in anticipation

Ian
=======================================
Ian Temby
Wildlife Damage Control Officer
Secretary/Treasurer, BIRDS Australia Parrot Association
Flora and Fauna Branch
Department of Natural Resources and Environment
4/250 Victoria Parade
EAST MELBOURNE   VIC   3002
AUSTRALIA

Phone   613 9412 4429