birding-aus

Twitch Results

Subject: Twitch Results
From: Julian Bielewicz <>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 1997 11:55:54 +1100 (EST)
And speaking of results (see photographic posting) it has been quite remis
of me not to publish the results of the QOSI Twitchathon held over the
weekend of the 1-2 November 1997:

 1.     Many Beaks              224
 2.     Dog-tailed Barwits      209

 3.     Unleaded Petrels        198
 4.     Laref Stac              194

 5.     Out For A Lark          178
        Fluttering Flycatchers
 7.     Serious This Time       174

 8.     Stone Curlews           165
 9.     Demented darters        161
        Ruff Chance

11.     Grey-crowned babblers   156
12.     Coolum Kites            150

13.     Helltown Hawks          147
14.     Tamborine Trillers      143
15.     Wretched Pipits         142
        Maroochy Mudlarks
17.     Gold Coasters           141
        Million Dollar Birds
19.     Burbank Bush Hens       139

20.     Highland Hardheads      117

21.     Sittella Albata Seekers  85

Please don't harrrrrrrranggggggggg me about the absurdity of having two
twitchathons within a few weeks of each other (especially here on the
eastern seaboard) competing for limited funds.  Vent your spleen
elsewhere.......who whispered PO Box 97??????????

Julian