birding-aus

re: Rails and Crakes

To: "jon wren" <>
Subject: re: Rails and Crakes
From: Niels Poul Dreyer <>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 21:19:21 +1100 (EST)
Dear Jon wren and ausssie folks

>That is an issue I feel should receive a lot of attention the use of
>taped calls. I do not condone this method at all and would indeed feel
>ashamed to claim a bird by such method. It would be interesting to see
>what the other users feel about this method of birdwatching.
>Comments welcome
>Jon Wren

As long we have unsustainable commercial development we will with 100%
certainty lose most of the birds of this planet regardless of using tapes or
not. So my advice to averone, use the tapes and enjoy birding as long it
last. It will have a very small impact except in the US and Europe where
birds are taped out. This is not the case in Australia with so few birders.
Go for it! And enjoy birding!

Regards from Niels