birding-aus

Re: two things

To: "John Leonard" <>
Subject: Re: two things
From: "Glen Ingram" <>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 1997 09:12:41 +1100
From: John Leonard <>
Subject: two things
Date: Friday, 14 November 1997 12:43
<snip>
2. who told the newspapers that the Blue Rock-thrush was the biblical
'sparrow alone upon the house-top', was it the very literary Glen Ingram
perhaps? The Authorised version has 'a sparrow alone on the housetop', but
in the RSV it is 'a lonely bird upon the housetop'?granted this could
hardly
be a Passer, but aren't there other solitary birds that perch on biblical
housetops. Anyone been to Israel recently?
--------------------------------
Yes it was me. I think I got it from... somewhere. I am getting old: these
things used to spring to mind once. I have a photocopy somewhere. When my
mind returns, providing the information is with it, I will post it on
Birding-aus.

Best wishes

Glen Ingram
Brisbane, Australia.

At the age of five I had begun an association with Temperance Societies;
which ended at the age of sixteen -- when I discovered the goodness of
beer" Randolph Bedford.