birding-aus

Pizzey error: raise you one HANZAB

Subject: Pizzey error: raise you one HANZAB
From: (Syd Curtis)
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 21:36:20 +1000
I see your Pizzey and raise you one HANZAB!  So august a tome as Volume 3
of the Handbook of Australian, New Zealand & Antarctic Birds has managed to
move Mt Warning from New South Wales to Queensland - see the caption to the
sonagram of the Wompoo Pigeon call on page 977.  Even Homer can nod.

>The new Pizzey guide is a treat, but I was startled to find that on p. 252,
>Tasmania has been (undoubtedly inadvertently) included in the ranges of the
>Squatter Pigeon, the Partridge Pigeon and the Flock Bronzewing.
>--
>Ronald I. Orenstein                           Phone: (905) 820-7886
>International Wildlife Coalition              Fax/Modem: (905) 569-0116
>1825 Shady Creek Court
>Mississauga, Ontario, Canada L5L 3W2

H Syd Curtis