birding-aus

Re: Baillon's Crake

To: denise moore <>
Subject: Re: Baillon's Crake
From: (David Torr)
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 15:44:15 +1000
     One also at Lillydale Lake in Melbourne 1 week ago - admittedly I had
     to stand and watch it but it was less then 2m away from me and stayed
     there for a good 10 minutes!

Subject: Baillon's Crake
Author:  denise moore <> at pau-smtp
Date:    10/11/97 21:19

Where else can you sit on a park bench and watch a Baillon's Crake for
15 minutes or so, but at Gateway Sanctuary, Bellarine Highway, Leopold.

Thanks to those who developed the wetlands and created such suitable
habitat for CRAKES.

Hope others enjoy this bird------Denise Moore