birding-aus

New Zealand Guides

Subject: New Zealand Guides
From: ECJ100 <>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 13:35:54 EDT
There is a brand new New Zealand Guide called something like a Field Guide to
the Birds of New Zealand, by Heather et al.  It can be purchased in the States
on line from Amazon.com for about $32.  I haven't seen it yet.

I might also suggest multiple field guides to Australia if, like me, you are
compulsive about such things. I have not yet seen the new Pizzey, but the
Princeton Guide (Day and Simpson) is excellent, if bulky, and the Slater Guide
is the most portable, and in some ways the most field friendly.

Eric Jeffrey