birding-aus

some good sightings

Subject: some good sightings
From: Richard Jordan <>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 1997 09:24:00 +1000 (EST)
Hello all
Have just returned from a 4 month marathon away from home - with 3 new birds:
Red Goshawk - at the entrance to Elsey National Park, Mataranka. Circled
over us for some time giving unbeatable views.
Yellow Chat - on the boat cruise on Lake Argyle (2 males seen). My first
visit to this lake, and it is a quite extraordinary resource. The total lack
of other human presence on this vast body of water was uncanny. However,
there are plans to stock the lake with Barramundi - so I suppose the boats
will soon proliferate.
Western Bristlebird - I have looked many times for this elusive species
around Two Peoples Bay - often heard but never seen. However, here were 2
birds walking around on the road at Little Beach. Not only that, they walked
right past the bus so that everyone had great views.
Some of the group saw Grey Honeyeater at Nallan Station (near Cue) - but I
missed it again. The bird was near the airstrip (on the side away from the
homestead).

Thanks for the Round Hill story, Trevor - gave me a good start to Saturday
morning.

Richard

Richard Jordan and Christine Wilder
PO Box 4