birding-aus

Re: Vic Tick Exchange

Subject: Re: Vic Tick Exchange
From: Robert BERRY <>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 1997 13:11:25 -0700
er, g'day again,

The Vic Tick Exchange brought results. A trip to Clunes on 15/10/97 was a
partial
success.

A search of Clunes State Forest and adjacent private land (from the road)
failed to
find any flowering mistletoe and Painted Honeyeaters were equally elusive.

Middle Swamp not far away, however, yeilded a pair of Brolga to boost my Vic
list to
325. ( How do you get to 325 without seeing Brolga ? ).

Thanks to all respondants esp Laurie Living, Lawrie Conole, Russell Woodford
and
Russell Thompson.

Victoria's most wanted are now:-

Regent & Painted Honeyeaters
Chestnut-rumped Heathwren
White-throated Nightjar.

There must be something in that 325 you might like - I'll happily trade for
recent
sightings of anything juicy.

Regards

Rob Berry