birding-aus

Bird/human interaction

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: Bird/human interaction
From: "Michael Miller" <>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 09:15:57 +1000
I'm sure many of us have stories of being attacked by birds when nesting:

Maned duck attacking human and wheelbarrow wehn both approached ducklings
too closely.

Helmeted Honeyeaters attacking hand and face when removing chicks from
nests.

Yellow-throated Miners whacking me in the back of the head when entering
the aviary in which their nesting.

Masked Woodswallows (when nesting of course) puncturing the forehead of a
keeper when he entered the aviary to feed them.

Aggresion is not the sole domain of magpies. Its just the damage that the
little buggers can do that is the difference.

Mick Miller