birding-aus

Re: magpies..

To: Eric J Woehler <>
Subject: Re: magpies..
From: Cecily Maller <>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 18:51:29 +0000
Dear Eric,

I suggest you contact Dr. Darryl Jones at Griffith University, Nathan
Campus as one of his main research areas is human-magpie conflict. Some
of his students have done some comprehensive studies on magpie attack
behaviour on the mainalnd and peoples attitudes to it. Also there is an
article by Nick Cilento in the latest Australian Nature magazine (Spring
1997) on this very subject (one of Darryls students). Unfortunately, I
cannot answer your question myself! Try Darryl. His email is:

 I don't suggest you try contacting him by phone as it is rung of the
hook this time of year with magpie attack complaints and reports.

Regards,

Cecily Maller
Griffith Uni
Brisbane