birding-aus

re: replies....

Subject: re: replies....
From: (Scott Chandry)
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 11:25:39 +0000
I completely agree with Rob concerning the scarcity of public responses to
RFIs.  My guess is that if you are interested you can right to the person who
sent the RFI and they will most likely send you the fruits of their request.
A short time ago I sent an RFI concerning Pajinka and several people wrote me
wanting copies of the responses I received (which I sent).

One question though.  How do those who kindly answer RFIs feel about having
their messages sent to others?  Would they prefer not to have private emails
forwarded?  Maybe they would prefer that their responses were sent on without
their details (address, name, etc) attached?  Are private responses meant to
be private or are people simply using the answer button which diverts to the
sender and not the list?  Is it your public duty to file a trip report if you
use RFI derived information?

Any comments

Scott

P. Scott Chandry