birding-aus

Deakin was really DOWN this time

Subject: Deakin was really DOWN this time
From: Russell Woodford <>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 17:12:03 +1000 (EST)
Hi all

1. Something went horribly wrong with the microwave link between Deakin
and Monash, so we were cut off from the rest of the world for
part of the weekend and most of Monday. Anything sent to birding-aus in
the last couple of days may not have reached the list.

2. This followed a nasty fire in the library of the Rusden campus -
computers were not affected but the labs will be closed for a while.

All this happened because Sunday was Open Day (that's one interpretation
of it all ....)

Sorry it took me so long to tell you this.  New subscribers may not have
had any response from birding-aus until yesterday (if at all, but if you
can read this then you're doing all right!)

Cheers

Russell Woodford
Birding-aus Admin