birding-aus

Questions from visitors

To: <>
Subject: Questions from visitors
From: Brenda Williams <>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 1997 05:31:22 +1000
Hi,

I've joined this list because cousins from America plan to visit
specifically for birding, primarily in Queensland, and I'd like to learn a
bit before they arrive.

First question is:  They would like to know the best time of the year to
visit.  Any suggestions, including the reason why, would be appreciated.

Also, they have purchased the following books from the American Birding
Assoc.:
"Field Guide to the Birds of Australia" by Simpson and Day, "A Photographic
Guide to the Birds of Australia," and "Where to Find Birds in North East
Queensland."

They also ordered "Where to Find Birds in Australia" by John Bransbury, but
was told it is out of print. It was published in 1987.  One internet source
recommended the Billabong Bookshop in Brisbane, but unfortunately they seem
to be out of business.  Any suggestions on either where to find this book,
or an alternative?

TIA,
Brenda Williams