birding-aus

RE: RFI: Standardwing Bird of Paradise (Semioptera wallacii)

To: "'ozbird'" <>
Subject: RE: RFI: Standardwing Bird of Paradise (Semioptera wallacii)
From: "Conole, Lawrie" <>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 14:31:07 +1000
I've had several helpful replies to this (particular thanks to Steve
Blaber and Des Allen), and at least one question about what lekking is.
Lekking is not quite as rude as it sounds, but not far off; look up your
biology dictionary under lek for full details.

I don't think we'll have any trouble seeing the SBOP, but a large group
of lekking males would be a spectacular sight, hence my interest in the
optimum timing of our visit.

Thanks again

Lawrie Conole
Geelong, Victoria, Australia