birding-aus

Turquoise parrot in SA

Subject: Turquoise parrot in SA
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 09:17 -0600 (CST)
     John Cox and I saw a female Torquoise parrot in a flock of blue-winged
     parrots a few kms south of Robe on the Nora Creina tourist drive on
     Saturday 21 June.(One orange bellied parrot was also seen) It is
     possible that the TP was an escape but we saw no sign of leg bands. We
     would be interested to hear of any recent sightings of TPs outside of
     their normal range. We have one from Jonathan Stark of a male near/in
     (?) Port Phillip Bay.

     Other interesting recent reports in SA include a juvenile Pink Robin
     in the Adelaide hills, large numbers of yellow-plumed honey eaters in
     the Mt Lofty ranges- as far south as Waitpinga; a painted honey eater
     at Mt Compass and a male Rose robin at Penola.

     Colin Rogers.