birding-aus

(Fwd) Re: Brolga in Brisbane

Subject: (Fwd) Re: Brolga in Brisbane
From: "Ron" <>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 20:12:34 +1000
From:          "Ron" <>

Date:          Mon, 16 Jun 1997 19:35:49 +1000
Subject:       Re: Brolga in Brisbane

Russell Woodford asked if there was such a bird to be seen in the
Brisbane area. Until recently I would have doubted it, what with the
spreading suburbs and other " improvements ". However to my surprise
and delight, my daughter and I had a great sighting of one on April
the 19th this year as we stoped at a small pond on Spring Mountain rd
at Greenbank, just south of the Brisbane city proper. I suppose it is
too much to expect it to be there yet but if anyone is desperate for
a sight of one we also saw one on May 20th at Carrumbin Sanctuary but
I suppose thats considered cheating.
Ron Hughes
Brisbane +1000
Queensland, Australia