birding-aus

Re: Thanks to Birds and Birders

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: Re: Thanks to Birds and Birders
From: (Glen Ingram)
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 1997 03:02:09 +1000
NOTE Steve's mention of Red-whiskered Bulbuls at Mackay. I have a letter
from Ray Leggett (the native fish expert) to me as Curator of Birds at the
Queensland Museum, which I will post (with his permission) if I ever get
back to work. In it, he details his observations of nesting bulbuls in
Mackay.
Both Steve's and Ray's observations are bad news for Queensland.

Glen J. Ingram
Brisbane, Australia.

"He was a bold man that first ate an oyster"  Jonathan Swift.

----------
> From: STEVE DAVIS <>
> Subject: Thanks to Birds and Birders
> Date: Friday, 6 June 1997 23:13
>
> During my week in Mackay, I was able to get to Eungella, and had a very
> productive day birdwise, finding Topknot and Wompoo Pigeons, and more
> honeyeaters and LBJ's. Dipped out on the Eungella Honeyeater and the
> platypus, but I'm sure the latter was kept away by the hordes of
screaming
> cockatoos - what a racket. I believe that they even eclipse
Blue-and-Yellow