birding-aus

Re: Fiji - trip report.

To: Peter Pfeiffer <>
Subject: Re: Fiji - trip report.
From: (Dr Richard Nowotny)
Date: Wed, 07 May 1997 23:31:52 +1000
Peter
I couldn't entirely discern from your response to my report on my somewhat
truncated trip to Fiji whether your rather sniffy tone was wry or serious.
If the former it was in keeping with my own (intended) tenor.  If the
latter, I apologise for seeming to be so ungrateful for what you must
consider to have been a wonderful opportunity.  What I omitted to include in
my report was a little (relevant) history.  8 or so years ago I managed to
have 10 hours on the ground in Fiji between a flight in from Hawaii and my
onward leg to Sydney.  I spent it driving through much of the same areas as
I was limited to on this occasion and saw many of the same species I
encountered this time.  Still, as they say in the English classics (with the
appropriate accent) - mustn't grumble.
Thanks for taking the trouble to respond.
Regards
Richard