birding-aus

Job Ad Only

Subject: Job Ad Only
From: RAOU Publicity <>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 10:52:45 +1100 (EST)
I have enclosed this on the assumption that everyone in the birding world
would love this job if only...
Also in case you know someone who would love to do it.
The current wardens are returning home for family reasons.
 Apologies to those who find commercial messages (as I do) offesenive here,
I genuinely believe this is an interesting item.

Wanted: A couple for a grand adventure

Could you handle the adventure of managing one of the world's most remote
and exciting Bird Observatories?  Eyre Bird Observatory on Australia's Great
Australian Bight requires a couple (preferably, for a mix of skills) to
operate the Royal Australasian Ornithologists Union's Bird Observatory.
To paraphrase the Shackleton classified ad: "Low pay. Heaps of adventure".
Successful applicants will have a wide range of practical skills and an
interest in people. Enjoyment of fabulous weather and sensational  birds
optional. Apply to Mr Rod Smith, Eyre B.O., 30 Hale St, North Beach, Western
Australia, 6020. Phone After Hours: 09 447 3804.