birding-aus

Keep birdlists

Subject: Keep birdlists
From: Niels Poul Dreyer <>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 21:56:12 +1100 (EST)
strongly recommend World BirdPlus (australia version) developed by John
Penhallurick. For about 100 dollars it is possible to write a trip report
and on the same time update all the life lists such as annual, home,
australia and the world. It is easy to find a bird from the foxpro database
of about 10,000 birds and get information about habitat, status and
distribution in each country. The program can also be used to print out a
checklist of birds occuring in a particular country  plus a list of birds
not seen. I find it very usefull to have those lists with me when travelling
overseas. You can contact John Penhallurick on
or fax  062580426

Niels Poul Dreyer