birding-aus

RFI - rail breeding records for Victoria

Subject: RFI - rail breeding records for Victoria
From: "Martin O'Brien" <>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 14:35:26 -0812 (utc)
Dear Birdo's,
        As part of the Flora and Fauna Guarantee Act - nomination process, I am
collating all _Victorian_ post 1970 breeding records for two rail species.

I have examined the RAOU Nest Record Scheme, Atlas of Victorian Wildlife and
Wetlands Database.

For all you 'wetlandy' and other birdo's I am interested in distribution and
breeding
records for the following species:

Baillon's Crake and Lewin's Rail.

All information will be acknowledged and properly referenced and will help in
our
understanding of these cryptic species.
Martin O'Brien
Wildlife Policy Officer
Flora and Fauna Branch
Department of Natural Resources and Environment
4/250 Victoria Pde.,
GPO Box 41
East Melbourne,  3002
Victoria, AUSTRALIA