birding-aus

Herr Black Swan

To: "birdingaus" <>
Subject: Herr Black Swan
From: "Keith Martin" <>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 1997 18:15:56 +0100
A rather amusing story came to my attention today via a friend who
works for the RSPCA in Canberra...

She had just been contacted by a man in Germany who rescued a tired
Black Swan from a frozen pond and noticed it was banded. He contacted
her in Australia to see if she could trace the ring number for him.....
!!!

emmm errrrrrr.. no wonder it was exhausted !!! :)

Ironically we also have a Black Swan here in Leuven which I witnessed
swimming downstream as fast as it could wearing an expression of mild
panic (or as close as can be interpreted) as it was being hotly pursued
by two canoeists, and there wasn't room for the three of 'em...

Maybe these swans are in training to become Arctic Terns?

Keith M. Martin                          Tel  +32 16 32 18 62
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven     Fax +32 16 32 19 86
Dept. Elektrotechniek-ESAT
Kardinaal Mercierlaan 94
B-3001 Heverlee
Belgium