birding-aus

Proposed research directory

Subject: Proposed research directory
From: Stephen Ambrose <>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 18:45:33 +1000
It is often difficult to keep up to date with what bird research projects are
being
conducted around Australia and who is conducting them. Therefore, I have been
thinking
about compiling a directory of funded Australian bird research projects that
were
conducted in 1996 for inclusion on Birding-Aus.

I am thinking of collating the following information for each project:

1.  Project Title
2.  Chief Investigators (including supervisors)
3.  Host institution(s) or organisation(s)
4.  Time-span (including starting and ending dates)
5.  Funding agency (agencies)
6.  E-mail contact(s)

If Birding-aus subscribers think that this is a good idea, I do not mind doing
most of
the collating. However, I am going require a lot of help from everyone.
Subscribers will
not only need to let me know about their own projects, but also draw the
attention of
the survey to other researchers who do not subscribe to Birding-aus.

Therefore, the purposes of this message are

1.  to determine if subscribers think it is a good idea to compile the
directory;
2.  to feed-back on the proposed design of the directory entry.

I would like all subscribers to vote for or against the compilation of a
directory by
placing an asterisk next to the YES or NO box underneath the question below. I
would
also appreciate any other comments on the proposal.

All votes should be sent to MY email address by 5 pm, Tuesday, 24 December
1996. The
results of the vote will be displayed on Birding-aus shortly afterwards.

SURVEY QUESTION

I wish a 1996 Directory of funded research projects on Australian birds be
compiled and
displayed on Birding-aus in early 1997.

YES:                            NO:

Additional comments/suggestions: