birding-aus

alleged White-cheeked HE at Anakie Gorge, Vic.

To: BIRDING-AUS Mail <>
Subject: alleged White-cheeked HE at Anakie Gorge, Vic.
From: Lawrie Conole <>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996 12:04:20 +1000 (EET)
Russell Woodford and I spent an hour or so looking at all the New Holland
Honeyeaters in Anakie Gorge, Brisbane Ranges NP, Victoria, on Saturday
morning.  Although we saw a few with dark eyes (young), and some with a
bit more white on the head than average, there were definitely no
White-cheeked Honeyeaters on offer.  There were no WCHE calls either;  all
typical NHHE squarks.

Of course it may have moved on, or refused to cooperate, but I remain a
little sceptical.  Did anyone else look for it, or better still, did
anyone else find it??

It was a novel experience paying such close attention to New Holland
HEs!!!!  A pair of Rufous Fantails was a nice consolation prize (somewhat
unexpected in this dry forest area).

Lawrie Conole
Geelong, Victoria, Australia