birding-aus

David Stewarts Latest Sound Recordings

Subject: David Stewarts Latest Sound Recordings
From: "TPALLISE.AU.ORACLE.COM" <>
Date: 21 Nov 96 09:35:28 +1100
The other day David Stewart asked me what I thought of his latest sound
files on Australian Birds, namely the 3 new Queensland tapes.

1. Wet Tropics and Great Barrier Reef: The larger, or non passerine birds
2. Wet Tropics and Great Barrier Reef: The smaller, or passerine birds
3. Lamington National Park: Rainforests of the Sub Tropics

Having listened to the tapes I have to admit the quality, content and
species coverage is truly staggering, there are even calls of Pacific
Swallow, Red-rumped Swallow, Red Goshawk, Rufous Owl, Lesser Sooty Owl,
Rails, etc, not to mention all the rainforest species.

What makes these tapes so great is that they actually help the user to
learn the calls by naming the species and habitat preferences after each
call, instead of before. I am not usually one for promoting such material
over the internet but these tapes are just amazing. Anyone visiting
Queensland in my opinion would be well advised to get one or more of
these tapes, at $15 they are great value.

I am not sure where you can buy these tapes but I'm sure the RAOU and the
Australian Museum would have copies or you can get them direct from David
P.O Box 256, Mullumbimby, NSW 2482  ph/fx 066-840127

Regards
Tony Palliser  (Sydney, Australia)
Phone   +61 2 9900 1678 or +61 2 94277563
Fax     +61 2 9900 1669
Email    or
        http://www.zip.com.au/~palliser