birding-aus

best of '95

Subject: best of '95
From: (Stephen Clark)
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 95 08:46:05 EST
G'day all

After moving up here to Canberra from western Victoria one highlight was
discovering this group.  Congratulations and thanks Russell.  Another was
the Canberra birding hotline which has put me onto a few good birds and
locations.

Birding highlights would include the following:

- Finding Double-barred FInches, Brush Cuckoos, Leaden Flycatchers, Speckled
Warblers and Dollarbirds in a patch of bush at the end of my street.

- My first Glossy Black-Cockatoos on Mt. Majura

- Getting within a few metres of a flock of 30 Superb Parrots feeding in
Mandy Salmon's garden in Mummumbateman.  Another first.

- My first Beach Stone-Curlews, a pair on Currumbin Beach on the Gold Coast.

- FInally getting to O'Reilly's, only for a day trip and it rained much of
the time, but it is a special place.

Seasons greetings to all and good birding in 1996

Steve Clark
Stephen Clark
CSIRO, Division of Plant Industry
Black Mountain ACT 2601