birding-aus

best birding

Subject: best birding
From: (Shane Raidal)
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 1995 10:30:01 +0800
My best birding experience for the year occurred in spring while riding to
work just 10 km from the centre of Perth. That morning I awoke as usual to
the melody of singing honey-eaters but was surpised by the sounds of about 6
red-tailed black cockatoos which progressively destroyed a small
bottle-brush tree just outside my bedroom window.  Within the short
bike-ride to work I spotted about 30 white-tailed black cockatoos (at least
2 juveniles), one pair of galahs, red-capped and Port Lincoln parrots, about
10 rainbow bee eaters, New Holland honey-eaters, red-wattle birds and a
kestrel.  No sparrows, starlings or Indian mynahs!

Dr Shane Raidal BVSc PhD
Lecturer in Veterinary Pathology
School of Veterinary Studies                        phone:  +61 9360 2418
Murdoch University                                           fax:   +61 9310
4144
Perth,WA, 6150                 email:
Australia
http://numbat.murdoch.edu.au/vetbiol/images/srraidal.htm