ts-7000

Re: [ts-7000] Installing the TS-CAN1 on a TS-7800 board

Subject: Re: [ts-7000] Installing the TS-CAN1 on a TS-7800 board
From: Jason Field <>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 15:58:32 +0000
I've now resolved my issues with this after corresponding with Ronald
off-list. I thought I'd post back to the list to help anyone who comes
across this later.

The sequence of steps to get the TS-CAN1 running with the TS-7800 under
Debian kernel 2.6 is;

1. Enable the PC/104 connector ISA mode;

poke32 0xe8000030 0x55555555
poke32 0xe8000034 0x55555555
poke32 0xe8000038 0x55555555
poke32 0xe800003c 0x55555555

2. Load the lincan driver

insmod lincan.ko hw=tscan1 io=0x150 irq=7

Note that you need to set the io and irq parameters to the same vales as
the setting from the jumpers on the TS-CAN1 board.

3. Ensure that /dev/can0 exists via udev;

/etc/init.d/udev start

/dev/can0 should now exist, and tools like readcan from the OCERA
framework should work.

Many thanks to Ronald for his help!

Cheers,

Jason

Ronald Gomes wrote:

> Hello,
>
> You have to specify the hw,irq,io parameters to the driver according
> to TS-CAN1 jumper configuration:
> "hw" accepts tscan1,ts7kv
> "irq" accepts values 5,6,7
> "io" accepts values 150,158,160,168
>
> Therefore, for a TS-CAN1 board with only jumper 5 ON (irq7), the
> following command must work with a TS-7800:
> insmod lincan.ko hw=tscan1,io=150,irq=7
>
> Website and documentation will be updated soon.
>
> Regards,
> Ronald.
>

> */Jason Field <>/* escreveu:
>
>     Hi all,
>
>     (Apologies if this double posts - I tried the web interface and I
>     think it went a bit mad :) )
>
>     I'm trying to get a TS-CAN1 board working using kernel 2.6 on a
>     TS-7800. I found the correct driver from a post on this board[1],
>     but I can't seem to get it to install correctly with modprobe. Are
>     there any docs about installing the new modules under kernel 2.6?
>     I've had a hunt about but I can't find any, and the 'Getting
>     started with TS-CAN1' document from the website refers to the old
>     driver.
>
>     Any help greatly appreciated!
>
>     Cheers,
>
>     Jason