pwc

[pwc] Vendor support in pwc development

Subject: [pwc] Vendor support in pwc development
From: Emmanuel Kasper <>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 12:41:26 +0200
Hello
With a couple of other french folks, we are building a kind of webshop
for Linux/FreeBSD compatible hardware. We will reference only devices
which work with a free driver, so no nvidia binary/ atheros HAL.
Based on the information found  on the wiki at
http://www.lavrsen.dk/twiki/bin/view/PWC/WorkingWebcamsWithPWC
we plan to reference the following webcams:

Logitech QuickCam Sphere
Phillips SPC900NC

We would be also interested to indicate on each product description, if
the vendor of the product, or the chipset maker for that matters had
been helpful with developers trying to write a free driver. So for the
devices mentionned above, was any of the vendor helpful by providing
programming documentation or hardware ?

If yes we will mention it on the product description with an extra tag
like "programmer friendly".

Regards

--
Emmanuel Kasper