pwc

[pwc] Multiple webcams

Subject: [pwc] Multiple webcams
From: "Gilles GIGAN" <>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 20:12:09 +1000
Hi all,
I just wanted to confirm whether or not you can use more than one webcam at the same time on the same computer, all using the same pwc driver instance ? So far, my tests with 2 webcams have failed. Capture from each is made via mapped-memory, not read/write. Accroding to what I found, It seems capture works on only one webcam at a time. All other block on ioctl (VIDIOC_QUERYBUF) until the working capture thread close its device file. Is this correct ?
I did google a bit before posting, and I came across two users with the same issues (http://ml.osdir.com/drivers.pwc/2006-08/msg00002.html) , but that was back in Aug 2006, and I wanted to know if things have changed a bit since then.
Thanks
Gilles