pwc

Re: [pwc] pwc broken in 2.6.18-1.2849.fc6 ?

Subject: Re: [pwc] pwc broken in 2.6.18-1.2849.fc6 ?
From: "Adrian D. Shaw" <>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 09:29:23 -0000 (GMT)
I just ditched FC6 for Ubuntu - but only because my FC6 installation media was
corrupt. Anyway, I think the first question has to be: are you using the
driver which comes with the FC6 kernel, or are you compiling your own? And the
second: what webcam are you using?

In my later Fedora days, I used the driver which came with the kernel without
problems. Of course now, with Ubuntu on kernel 2.6.15-27 still, I have to
compile my own again. Webcam at
http://users.aber.ac.uk/ais/weather/weather.php?page=pics/pic_latest.html -
image is tweeked a little using ImageMagick, as I find the colours a little
too red otherwise. Don't know if anyone else has that problem - is it a
PWC900NC thing, or a driver thing?

Since moving to Ubuntu, the webcam is much more stable and appears to work
properly with Kopete, something it didn't do with FC6, whichever driver I
tried.

Adrian